Sunday, February 19, 2012

Second DM experience

I mastered a game today where I adapted DnD rules, translated a managed the first half of an adventure in a kind of Harry Potter in Iceland kind of environment, with my daughters and nieces as the play group. A very interesting experience - I was better prepared than last time and more confident but still I need to clear up a few snags. The main point is similar to my former thoughts on the connection between games and discussions is the need for focus. I also would like to work on skills in evoking atmosphere, I have had a bell and a djembe at hand, but not put them to use .... this will change.

I find the DnD system to be way to complex, but, at the same time inspiring and interesting. I'm looking at more varieties of game mechanics and find that I'm at the start of an interesting journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment