Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jung

Clearly a guy I need to learn more about - seems to me a lot of the stuff in positive psychology was already there in the early psychoanalysts, but now they've dressed it up with a lot of statistics and scientific dribble to make it seem acceptable. It seems to me that his work might be extremely boring so it's a question of approaching it differently, like with many a thinker and philosopher. The idea of the archetypes, of the urge to religion, the rejection of everything being about sex and the inclusion of mythology art and literature are extremely valuable. I'm also confident that this approach could be important in understanding the appeal of fantasy literature and can give us tools to approach works by crazy guys like Clive Barker (whom for some reason I haven't blogged on yet, but I truly admire, and am freaked out by) and Michael Moorcock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment