Saturday, October 7, 2017

Drum circle facilitation playshop day 2

....after a long day of drumming, sharing being amazed I am tired....

There are two connections that are important to me that I will mostly talk about now, and after such a long day I won't have the energy for a long blog.

I have a lot about the potential of merging / intertwining and mixing somehow up some of the practices of philosophical practice, drum circles (and maybe improv). I am not sure.
Some common features are definitely:
-the role and journey of the facilitator
-creation of community
-focusing on the group rather than individuals

....another approach to create a powerful circle that I have thought of might be to start with a drum circle .... maybe end also and have a philosophical dialogue in between ....

Another random reflection is on the "popcorn" approach, where you step in if you like. This features heavily in the philosophical practice (and also in improv) ...

Another thing that all these practices seem to me to contribute heavily to is the disappearance, submerging of the ego....

Well, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment