Friday, September 15, 2017

God I feel so good and the question of art feelings and why: Perhaps a glove?

Today I visited Ragnar Kjartanson's exhibition God I feel so Bad and it made me feel good.

It put me in mind of something Marina Abromovic said about how she had an epiphany when she realized she did not need to confine herself to paint and canvas in her art but could use anything ....

So Ragnar uses stuff like

the artist's body
video
music
art history
absence
patience
painting
sculpture
actors
humour


Ragnar's work is highly personal, Freudian at times and sometimes very silly...

What makes me curious is why this kind of work remains so highbrow - why hasn't this highly liberating idea not somehow broken through and manifested in a more creative, loving and silly humankind?

Please tell me.

(by the way I loved the exhibition, especially the piece Whole lot of Sorrow)





No comments:

Post a Comment